PeDAL Licence Information
End User License Agreement for PeDAL Software
- The copyrights in this software and any documentation distributed with the software belong to Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT). PADT reserves all rights. PADT licenses the distribution and installation of this software only in accordance with these terms.
- By installing, using or distributing this software you, on your own behalf and on behalf of your employer or principal, agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms, you may not use, copy, transmit, distribute, or install this software.
- This software, and all accompanying files, data and materials, are distributed "as is" and with no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied except as required by law. If you intend to rely on this software for critical purposes, it is essential that you should test it fully prior to using it for critical applications and you must assume the entire risk of using the program.
- PADT will not be liable for any loss arising out of the use of this software including, but not limited to, any special, incidental or consequential loss. PADT may not refund any amount paid for the purchase of the software to the purchaser of the software unless the purchaser satisfies PADT that they tested the free version of the software prior to purchase.
- Your exclusive remedy shall be, at PADT's option, repair or replacement of the software or refund of part or all of the license fee, if any, paid by you for the software.
- This Software is intended for use with data, media, files, and content for which you have sufficient rights to, authority for, or ownership of. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether copyrights, patents, or other licenses are needed for the content that you use in conjunction with this Software. You agree to hold harmless, indemnify and defend PADT, its officers, directors, employees and third party suppliers against any loss, damage, fine, or expense including attorney’s fees arising out of or related to any claim that you have used this software in violation of applicable laws in your jurisdiction. It is your responsibility to abide by the laws of whichever jurisdiction you reside in.
- This Agreement shall continue for the duration of PADT's copyright in this software, unless earlier terminated as provided herein. PADT may terminate your license immediately without notice to you for your failure to comply with any of the terms set forth in this Agreement. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy this software, together with all copies, adaptations and merged portions thereof in any form. Obligations to pay accrued charges or fees shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- You may not use this software in any circumstances where there is any risk that failure of this software might result in a physical injury or loss of life. Any such use by you is entirely at your own risk, and you agree to indemnify PADT from any claims relating to such unauthorized use.
- You may copy or distribute the installation file of this software in its complete unaltered form but you may not, under any circumstances, distribute any software registration code. In the event that you do distribute a software registration code, you will be liable to pay the full purchase price for each location where the unauthorized use of code occurs.
- You may not disassemble or decompile this software unless prior written consent is obtained from PADT.
- If you have obtained a source code version of this program, you may use the unmodified binary executable in accordance with this Agreement, but source code for the Product is not covered by this Agreement. Source code is provided exclusively as an educational service and you agree that all responsibility for all use of source code is yours alone and that Company assumes no responsibility for any use of source code by you.
- This software is free for evaluation use only. To use the software for professional purposes, you must purchase a license for each individual computer that you wish to run this software on
- The contract arising out of this agreement is governed by the laws and courts of the State of Arizona, United States of America
download a PDF of this agreement here.
PeDAL, as a simple text editor, is not listed on the Commerce Control List (CCL) by the US Department of Commerce and is therefore designated as an EAR99 item. We do not sell it to embargoed or sanctioned countries, a party of concern, or in support of prohibited end-use. You can learn more about the USDC ECCN system here.