PeDAL is a Windows text editor with text highlighting and autocomplete for ANSYS APDL scripts. It integrates with the ANSYS help system to provide instantaneous help on any one of the 1000’s of ANSYS APDL commands. PeDAL was written by one of PADT’s engineers Matt Sutton, to make the writing of APDL scripts more efficient. At a cost of only $49, this tool pays for itself during the first project it is used on.
The APDL Editor You Always Wanted
Some of the key features that were developed based upon real world usage are:
- Side-by-side editor and help viewer
- Instant help on any documented APDL command by pressing F1
- Full syntax highlighting for ANSYS Mechanical APDL
- Auto-complete drop downs for APDL commands
- APDL command argument hints while typing commands
- Mouse hover APDL command descriptions
- Support for APDL command aliases with full links to the actual command help and command data
- Editor hyperlinks to APDL macros found while searching specified working directory and macro search directories
- Search ANSYS help phrases and keywords
- Create custom search indexes for confining searches to only sub-sections of the entire ANSYS help
- Full capability web browser built in allows for rich web experience and web searches
- Multiple tabs for the editor and browser
The price for PeDAL is only $49. You can obtain single user licenses using a credit card or PayPal through SWREG.org or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a quotation for multiple seats.