ANSYS Composite PrepPost (ACP)
Composite materials are created by combining two or more layered materials, each with different properties. These materials have become a standard for products that are both light and strong. Composites provide enough flexibility so products with complex shapes, such as boat hulls and surfboards, can be easily manufactured.
Engineering layered composites involves complex definitions that include numerous layers, materials, thicknesses and orientations. The engineering challenge is to predict how well the finished product will perform under real-world working conditions. This involves considering stresses and deformations as well as a range of failure criteria. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provides all necessary functionalities for the analysis of layered composite structures.
- Support for material layer information in assemblies
- A wealth of tools for defining stacking and orientation of composite layers
- Draping and Flat Wrap
- Output of ply books
- Post processing environment specifically designed for composites
- A wide choice of state-of-the-art failure criteria models
- 3D Shell elements for thin composites
- 3D Solid elements for thick composites
This is a very diverse product offering with outstanding breadth and depth, which makes it very difficult to describe in a series of web pages. Please contact us and our experts can help you, based on what your needs are, discover which ANSYS, Inc. products best meet those needs.