PADT, is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional who is seeking 10 to 20 hours per week work with flexible hours. We are almost 20 years old and around 75 employees strong with a very low attrition rate, a strong company culture, and very casual approach to HR. It is time to take HR management duties away from one of the owners and hand them over to a professional.
We do not want to outsource this to another company, we want someone who will become part of our culture, part of our family. We are also not using placement companies for this position.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- 5 or more years in HR for a high technology company where the majority of the employees were engineers
- Understands why Dilbert is funny
- Can differentiate between and choose HR activities that are high value added versus those that are done as cover or as the latest trend
- Experience managing/conducting:
- Management of Employee review process
- Health care/dental/401k/529/insurance plan sign-up and maintenance for employees
- HR training
- New employee setup and processing
- Out-processing of leaving employees
- Advertising job openings, setting up interviews, and negotiating offers
- Terminating employees
- Gathering and maintaining employee information
- Maintaining an employee manual
- Assisting legal team in the process of obtaining H1b visas and permanent resident status
- Being primary point of contact for employees for benefit and policy questions
- Primary contact for benefit broker
- Reviewing compliance with federal and state labor laws and carrying out required tasks or recommending changes
- Write (with the help of management) job descriptions and keep them up to date
- Work on building and strengthening a well defined company culture through training, activities, and events.
The responsibilities for this job are basically the experience items requested above. Hours are flexible and many of the tasks can be conducted from home. The person in this position needs to be available by email or phone to answer questions or deal with issues during normal work hours, but may only need to actually work an average of 10 or so hours a week, peaking at 20 a week. Administrative staff will be available to help with tasks and this position will work closely with our existing accounting and legal staff.
If you are interested, visit https://www.padtinc.com/about/careers.html and follow the directions for submitting a resume.