Another year is winding down to a close and PADT’s Arizona staff gathered in Chandler for our annual holiday party. It is always nice to step outside of the cubical and talk with co-worker’s spouses, employees you don’t get to talk with at work, and even with the people, you do spend all day with, but in a festive setting. We had already had dinners in Albuquerque and Denver, so it was now time for the bulk of the company to celebrate and reflect.
2013 has been a great year for PADT. We saw good growth across all of our businesses, doing more business with existing customers and adding a number of new customers. Our core Simulation, Product Development, and Rapid Manufacturing business all so new and exciting growth. Some highlights include:
- Growing sales of Flownex for thermal-fluid simulation and CUBE systems for HPC
- Several key new ANSYS, Inc. product customers have joined our user community
- An explosion in interest in 3D Printing and the line of systems that PADT sells that resulted in a record number of new customers.
- We saw significant growth in Product development with several large jobs started and a few others completed. A typical project was the SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger.
- The recent merger between Stratasys and Objet enabled PADT to begin offering PolyJet additive manufacturing systems.
- We opened an office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, our second satellite office. We also moved into a larger facility in Littleton, Colorado.
After dinner, we read this year’s gift exchange story… which maybe went a little long. But everyone ended up with something new and exciting to take home (and perhaps re-gift). The evening of great food and conversation was topped off with some recreational gambling. It turns out that some of us are luckier than others… and most of us still don’t really know how to play craps.
As we cashed in our chips (those that still had chips) and gathered our gift-exchange presents (a talking Sheldon doll was this year’s big hit) many of us commented on how excited we are about 2014. Many of the investments that PADT has made in the past are starting to pay off and 2014 is looking to be a fantastic experience.
We wish all of you reading this a very Joyous Holiday Season and a peaceful and profitable 2014!