We are pleased to announce a new service that we feel is remote solving for FEA and CFD done right: CoresOnDemand.com. We have taken our proven CUBE Simulation Computers and built a cluster that users can simply rent. So you get fast hardware, you get it all to your self, and you receive fantastic support from the ANSYS experts at PADT.
It is not a time share system, it is not a true "cloud" solution. You tell us how many nodes you need and for how long and we rent them to you. You can submit batch or you can configure the machines however you need them. Submit on the command line, through a batch scheduler, or run interactive. And when you are done, you do not have to send your files back to your desktop. We've loaded NICE DCV so you can do graphics intense pre- and post-processing from work or home, over the internet to our head nodes. You can even work through your iPad.
If you visit our Blog page a lot, you may have noticed the gray cloud logo with a big question mark next to it. If you guessed that was a hint that we were working on a cloud solution for ANSYS users, you were correct. We've had it up and running for a while but we kept "testing" it with benchmarks for people buying CUBE computers. Plus we kept tweaking the setup to get the best user experience possible. With today's announcement we are going live.
We created this service for a simple reason. Customers kept calling or emailing and asking if they could rent time on our machines. We got started with the hardware but also started surveying and talking to users. Everyone is talking about the cloud and HPC, but we found few providers understood how to deliver the horsepower people needed in a usable way, and that users were frustrated with the offerings they had available. So we took our time and built a service that we would want to use, a service we would find considerable value in.
You can learn more by visiting www.CoresOnDemand.com. Or by reading the official press release included below. To get your started, here are some key facts you should know:
- We are running PADT CUBE computers, hooked together with infiniband. They are fast, they are loaded with RAM, and they have a ton of disk space. Since we do this type of solving all the time, we know what is needed
- This is a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) service. You will need to lease the licenses you need from whoever you get your ANSYS from. As an ANSYS Channel partner we can help that process go smoothly.
- You do not share the hardware. If you reserve a node, it is your node. No one else but your company can log in. You can rent by the week, or the day.
- When you are done, we save the data you want us to save and then wipe the machines. If you want us to save your "image" we can do that for a fee so next time you use the service, we can restore it to right where you were last time.
- Right now we are focused on ANSYS software products only. We feel strongly about focusing on what we know and maximizing value to the customers.
- This service is backed by PADT's technical support and IT staff. You would be hard pressed to find any other HPC provider out there who knows more about how to run ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS Mechanical APDL, ANSYS FLUENT, ANSYS CFX, ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS MAXWELL, ANSYS LS-DYNA, ANSYS AUTODYN, ICEM CFD, and much more.
To talk to our team about running your next big job on CoresOnDemand.com contact us at 480-813-4884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the official Press Release here.