It is not often that 350+ people get together in a parking lot to talk about Engineering, bouncy houses, economic development, and eat Bar-B-Que. On March 21st, all three of those things and more happened at PADT’s party to celebrate our 25th anniversary. What a fantastic crowd. What a great roster of speakers. We could not have asked for better people to come to our event.
We want to offer special thanks to those twelve speakers:
- Andrew Lombard, Arizona Commerce Authority, Executive Vice President of Innovation and Venture Development
- Steve Zylstra, Arizona Technology Council, President & CEO
- Darryn Jones, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Vice President, Emerging Technologies
- Donna Kennedy, City of Tempe, Economic Development Director
- Kyle Squires, Arizona State University, Dean, Ira A Fulton School of Engineering
- Ravi Kumar, ANSYS, Inc, Global Channel Strategy & Programs
- Patrick Carey, Stratasys, Senior Vice President – Americas
- Philip DeSimone, Carbon, Co-Founder & VP of Business Development
- Joe Panovsky, Honeywell Aerospace, Director
- Ward Rand, PADT, Co-Owner
- Rey Chu, PADT, Co-Owner
- Eric Miller, PADT, Co-Owner
The highlight of the event were four student teams that PADT supports in one way or another. Lego robots, 3D Printed prosthetic hands, FIRST Robots, and a formula SAE car were on display and were very popular. Every time we have these teams come and show their stuff, we are reminded that the future does have hope. We also hope that at the 30th, 35th, and 40th anniversary celebrations some of those students will be wearing PADT shirts.
For fun there were two bouncy houses, face painting, temporary tattoos, and two cornhole sets. And as always, PADT’s 3D Printing demo room was open for everyone to see the cool things our customers and we are printing every day.
The best part of the whole day was simply thanking our employees and customers for 25 Fantastic years. Please enjoy some images from the event below.
As always, if you have any questions or want to know more about PADT, simply contact us.