People throw the word “innovation” around a lot in the world of technology. Like many buzzwords, it loses meaning over time. Then you do a search and find out that multiple PADT employees have been listed as co-inventor on a past employer’s or PADT customer’s patent. Innovation gets real because you now know you were part of something new and innovative when the US Patent office puts your name in their database.
We just got notification of two new ones and we recently went online to see what other patents we may have missed in 2020 and the first half of 2021. And we found fourteen new patents. Some we knew about but some were a complete surprise to the employee named and us. Sixteen patents awarded in 2020 and 2021 is the most we have had in a two-year period.
We have been making a list of patents where PADT employees are listed as an inventor for over 20 years. To get on the list the patent needs to be granted to the employee before they joined PADT or while at PADT. If you have visited our Tempe offices, you have probably seen our “wall-o-patents” in the entrance where we put up a plaque for every patent granted. We are now using two walls. Our company slogan is in big letters above the first wall: “We Make Innovation Work.”
For engineers, it’s kind of a big deal. It’s a legacy that will not go away. And we could not be more proud of our team and how they have been creative and innovative in the past. It is also a sign of what is yet to come.
The release lists the 16 new patents with links. You can also view a list of all 68 patents listing PADT employees at: www.padtinc.com/patents
If you are looking for help with your innovation, and want to have a simulation, product development, or additive manufacturing partner where innovation is more than a buzzword, please contact us. If you scan through the patents, you can see that we can help in a variety of industries and a variety of technologies.
PADT Engineers Add Two Patents to the Company’s Patent List, Bringing its Total to 16 in the Last Two Years
The Growing List of Patents Listing PADT Employees as Inventors Reinforces the Organization’s Expertise and Credibility in Additive Manufacturing, Simulation and Product Development
TEMPE, Ariz., November 11, 2021 ─ PADT, a globally recognized provider of numerical simulation, product development, and 3D printing products and services, today announced that its world-class team of engineers have added two patents to its portfolio bringing the company’s employee’s total to 16 patents in which they are listed as co-inventors over the last two years. The newly acquired patents, awarded in September 2021 to Tyler Shaw and Keng Hsu, are focused on innovative additive manufacturing design techniques and processes. In addition, PADT has been awarded 68 patents with current and past employees listed as inventors or co-inventors since 1992.
“PADT is well-known as one the southwest’s leading resellers and service providers for 3D printing systems and simulation software,” said Tyler Shaw, PhD., vice president of engineering, PADT. “However, our product development services have grown significantly over the years due to the exceptional talent on our engineering team. These patents are a testament to their innovation and ability to solve tough challenges in unique ways.”
At its headquarters in Tempe, PADT hosts a wall of patents just outside the lobby as you walk into the building. These patents have been awarded for a number of unique technologies across the organization’s key industries, including additive manufacturing, medical, consumer goods, and more. Some of the patents showcase specific work developed for customers, while others showcase the fruition of numerous research projects.
Included below is a list of patents issued in 2020 and 2021 in which a PADT employee is listed as a co-inventor:
- 10,842,432 – Medial – lateral insert sensing system with common module and method therefor
- 10,893,955 – Non – symmetrical insert sensing system and method therefor
- 10,710,353 – Systems and methods for laser preheating in connection with fused deposition modeling
- 10,220,156 – Single use injector
- 11,039,790 – Glucose monitoring device in a protective smartphone case
- 10,626,886 – Sound attenuation apparatus and methods
- 10,801,653 – Flexible, thermal-isolating, dual-walled tube with bellows and method for manufacture thereof
- 10,620,103 – Devices and methods for evaluating the spreadability of powders utilized in additive manufacturing
- 10,808,399 – Enhanced acoustic cell and enhanced acoustic panel, and methods of producing the same
- 10,576,336 – Golf club heads with apertures and methods to manufacture golf club heads
- 10,675,514 – Mixed material golf club head
- 10,695,629 – Golf club heads with cavities and inserts and related methods
- 10,806,877 – Golf club heads comprising a thermoplastic composite material
- 10,994,177 – Golf club heads with apertures and methods to manufacture golf club heads
- 11,110,325 – Mixed materials golf club head
- 11,117,212 – Systems and methods for additive manufacturing utilizing localized ultrasound-enhanced material flow and fusioning
About Phoenix Analysis and Design Technologies
Phoenix Analysis and Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT) is an engineering product and services company that focuses on helping customers who develop physical products by providing Numerical Simulation, Product Development, and 3D Printing solutions. PADT’s worldwide reputation for technical excellence and experienced staff is based on its proven record of building long-term win-win partnerships with vendors and customers. Since its establishment in 1994, companies have relied on PADT because “We Make Innovation Work.” With over 80 employees, PADT services customers from its headquarters at the Arizona State University Research Park in Tempe, Arizona, and from offices in Torrance, California, Littleton, Colorado, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Austin, Texas, and Murray, Utah, as well as through staff members located around the country. More information on PADT can be found at www.PADTINC.com.
# # #