The best party in town for engineering and manufacturing is PADT’s annual open house, and this year we are making it better with Nerdtoberfest. We are inviting more partners and customers to join us to celebrate all that the state has to offer for those of us who make our living making things. Take a tour, meet new people, learn about what is new. Just join us! We expect between 200 and 300 people.
Read on to learn more or register here.
The Basic Details
- October 27th, 2016
- Metal 3D Printing Seminar: 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- Perfect Pitch Competition – Watch some of the best tech startup mentors in town show how to pitch a company, and win the “Unicorn Cup”: 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- Open House: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- 7755 S Research Dr, Suite 110, Tempe, AZ 85284
- Come see PADT’s new metal 3D Printer – it is very cool
- Attend a special pitch event where the valley’s best startup mentors pitch the same company to a group of judges
- Marvel at the latest structural, fluid, and electromagnetic simulation software
- See our lab and manufacturing areas
- There will be beer, there will be pizza. We will have water and soda as well.
- Stand in awe as you gaze upon our 1000+ core compute cluster
- Meet the who’s who of Arizona technology people
- Engineers, manufacturers, makers, teachers, innovators, inventors, suppliers
- Those who are interested in and of the above or just like being around smart people
- Our Sponsors include: the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI), Arizona Technology Council, RevAZ, Arizona Commerce Authority, Mesa Community College and AzAMI, and the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC)
Enough info? Register here or keep reading.
What’s Going On?
If you have never been to one of our open houses before, they are simply a gathering of the local tech community to learn more about how things are designed and made. We have stations set up that show the software and hardware we use to improve product development. A big draw is our extensive 3D Printing capabilities as well as our leading edge virtual testing software. It is a great way to expose your family, friends, kids, and coworkers to what engineering and manufacturing are all about.
Something new, a Pre Show
Before the open house we will have a talk on metal 3D Printing from 3 to 4 pm. Dr. Dhruv Bhate will go over how metal 3D Printing works, talk about why it is such a breakthrough, and share some examples of how to use it effectively.
Then we have a new event from 4:30-6:00: Watch the Experts in our “Perfect Pitch” event. We have asked some of the area’s best mentors to startups to come and pitch the same company. See how a pitch should be done and share more than a few laughs along the way.
Meet others who make stuff
The best part of this event is getting to meet other people who work in engineering and manufacturing. You can go to events all year, but they tend to be focused on an industry, startups, or a certain part of the state. Everyone comes to PADT’s open houses and it is a great chance to meet and share ideas.
So, just come. It is fun and we promise two things: You will learn something and you will meet someone new. Bring the family, bring your neighbors.
Let’s celebrate what we do!
Register at bit.ly/nerdtoberfest so we know how much beer, water, soda, and pizza to get.