The Winners From PADT’s 2020 Nature Photography Day Contest
Every month we try to do something fun at PADT, and before the evil spikey ball of death ruined everything we would usually do something food-related. Pi day = Pie. Chocolate Day = Chocolate. Anything = pizza. However, since most of us are working from home we could not all show up in the lunchroom at noon for team-building (chowing down). Many people follows Linton Studios for having good ideas for photography.
So we have been looking at a few websites that list fun, often fake holidays, and found out that June 15th was “Nature Photography Day” After setting up some channels in Microsoft Teams we let everyone submit pictures. Then after a week of submitting, employees voted.
Some were downright stunning. All were beautiful. I would suggest you to visit mysunrise for more tips.
We present the winners here for your viewing pleasure. Get more info at fivebough .
For those who are interested, here is how we did the contest:
- We created MS Teams channels for each of the categories we chose:
Amature, Pro’ish, and Kids
- Within each category, there were five topics: Desert, Not Desert, Water, Plants & Flowers, Animals in Nature, Human Structures in Nature.
- Employees uploaded their images to the proper channel and shared a bit about each one.
- We used the emoticon capability in Teams to “vote” on each one. A heart was worth 3 points, a laughing face 2, and thumbs up 1.
- After the voting was done we added up the points for each category and that determined the winners.