Because of variations in work load, PADT also relies upon a variety of part-time and full-time sub-contractors help to provide technical and non-technical assistance. By hiring only the most experienced people, PADT can provide timely solutions that meet customer demands as they arise.
How to Apply
Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
If you are interested in joining PADT's staff, please send us your résumé and any information requested in the job postings below, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or direct visits please! Our current job opportunities are listed below.
Electrical Engineer/Project Lead
PADT is looking for a full-time, electrical engineer to be a project lead in our Product Development Group. The electrical engineer will work with PADT mechanical engineers to add their expertise and experience to the development of electro-mechanical systems for our customers. This position reports to the Manager of Product Development.
- Manage all aspects (technical, financial, schedule and procurement) of specific new product development projects
- Lead multidisciplinary, new product development teams
- Customer management (represent PADT to the customer for specific product development projects)
- Develop compelling proposals for new business opportunities
- Serve as the electrical engineering technical resource for the Product Development Group
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience working in a new product development environment
- Expertise in embedded controls hardware design and electronic packaging
- Hands on experience testing & debugging electrical/electro-mechanical systems
- Experience writing firmware and C/C++ code for embedded systems applications
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and drawings
- Extensive experience interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal engineering to manage project technical direction, schedule and budget
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Designing products to comply with various regulatory requirements
- Working in an ISO design control environment
- Medical device development
- Semiconductor equipment
- Proposal writing
To Apply For This Position:
If you are interested in this position, please submit the items listed below by email to email@example.com. No phone calls or direct visits please! Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
- Current resume
- List 3 examples of projects you’ve worked on that are applicable to this position. Describe how the examples showcase your technical skills and experience.
- List 3 recent projects where you held a leadership role. Describe your role.
Product Design Engineer
This position primarily performs electro-mechanical engineering design, development, and validation for circulating tank products used alongside 3D Printing equipment. The product design engineer reports to the product manager and develops detailed requirements; creates the design in CAD; performs design analyses as needed; selects materials and components; creates component specifications and procures prototypes; works together with other engineering specialties and manufacturing to optimize performance, ease-of-use, reliability, and cost in the context of the overall product requirements.
- Design and develop new products or improvements to existing products, based on product requirements in collaboration with electrical engineering, industrial design, manufacturing, and other expertise as needed
- Assist in development of proof-of-concept tests; procure parts and assemble test rigs; perform testing
- Construct designs and engineering drawings in CAD files used by engineering and manufacturing
- Generate component specifications, BOMs, and other required product documentation
- Work with suppliers to develop unique components or understand component limitations
- Help develop product validation and durability tests
- Produce and maintain design-related documentation such as design analyses, CAD drawings, BOMs, technical specifications, and test results
- Troubleshoot production engineering problems when requested; document changes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BSME with a minimum 10 yrs experience in electro-mechanical product design
- Experience with electronic controls, heating elements, motors, fasteners and design for manufacturability a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes and variation
- Comfortable working in a team environment to produce a design
- Proficient in SolidWorks 3D (preferred) or similar CAD tool
- Strong written and verbal communications skills