Because of variations in work load, PADT also relies upon a variety of part-time and full-time sub-contractors help to provide technical and non-technical assistance. By hiring only the most experienced people, PADT can provide timely solutions that meet customer demands as they arise.
How to Apply
Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
If you are interested in joining PADT's staff, please send us your résumé and any information requested in the job postings below, by email to email@example.com. No phone calls or direct visits please! Our current job opportunities are listed below.
Electrical Engineer/Project Lead
PADT is looking for a full-time, electrical engineer to be a project lead in our Product Development Group. The electrical engineer will work with PADT mechanical engineers to add their expertise and experience to the development of electro-mechanical systems for our customers. This position reports to the Manager of Product Development.
- Manage all aspects (technical, financial, schedule and procurement) of specific new product development projects
- Lead multidisciplinary, new product development teams
- Customer management (represent PADT to the customer for specific product development projects)
- Develop compelling proposals for new business opportunities
- Serve as the electrical engineering technical resource for the Product Development Group
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience working in a new product development environment
- Expertise in embedded controls hardware design and electronic packaging
- Hands on experience testing & debugging electrical/electro-mechanical systems
- Experience writing firmware and C/C++ code for embedded systems applications
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and drawings
- Extensive experience interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal engineering to manage project technical direction, schedule and budget
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Designing products to comply with various regulatory requirements
- Working in an ISO design control environment
- Medical device development
- Semiconductor equipment
- Proposal writing
To Apply For This Position:
If you are interested in this position, please submit the items listed below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or direct visits please! Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
- Current resume
- List 3 examples of projects you’ve worked on that are applicable to this position. Describe how the examples showcase your technical skills and experience.
- List 3 recent projects where you held a leadership role. Describe your role.
Electrical Engineer, High-Frequency Simulation: RF/Antenna
PADT is seeking a full-time Masters-level Electrical/Electronic Engineer with at least 5 years of experience to work from our Tempe office. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and strong credentials will also be considered. Incumbents must have a passion for software simulation of advanced technology as well as a desire to work in a creative engineering environment.
Successful applicants will work on modeling of a large variety of electromagnetic systems and components. Primary tasks will be working directly with potential and existing customers including on-site presentations, benchmark analysis and support of prospective customers during evaluations. Other tasks will include customer support, developing and presenting training and workshop/webinar material, consulting projects, white paper applications, and attending exhibitions nationwide.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least one year experience in RF/Antenna applications
- Good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work within ITAR regulations.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Experienced user of ANSYS HFSS is preferred, however experience with other full wave electromagnetic simulation tools (AWR, CST, etc.) is beneficial
- Exposure to circuit/EM simulation software such as ADS, Sonnet is beneficial
- 3 years applying 3D electromagnetic simulation to industry applications
- Knowledge of theory of electromagnetic fields, numerical methods in electromagnetics, and electromagnetic simulation are a distinct advantage
- Experience with complex RF measurement equipment (Power Meters, Network and Spectrum Analyzers, etc.), SPICE, LabView, MathCAD or MatLAB is a plus