Because of variations in work load, PADT also relies upon a variety of part-time and full-time sub-contractors help to provide technical and non-technical assistance. By hiring only the most experienced people, PADT can provide timely solutions that meet customer demands as they arise.
How to Apply
Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
If you are interested in joining PADT's staff, please send us your résumé and any information requested in the job postings below, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or direct visits please! Our current job opportunities are listed below.
Experienced CFD Analysis Engineer
The Southwest's leading provider of simulation services has an immediate opening for an engineer with 8-25 years of experience in the area of CFD simulation to join our Simulation Services team providing analysis services, technical support, training, and mentoring to our customers around the world. PADT is a 60+ person company located in Tempe Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix. We are an ANSYS, Inc. Channel Partner for the Southwestern US AZ, NM, UT, NV, CO, EP (El Paso TX). We not only sell the software, but we provide world-class support to our customers along with training and mentoring. We use every ANSYS, Inc. product on a regular basis. For CFD simulation we use both FLUENT and CFX along with a variety of pre- and post-processing tools. With such a wide variety of customers, CFD engineers at PADT gain exposure to every aspect of the field. This is all done on a large network of high-end desktop machines and a sizeable compute cluster. In the consulting group, you have the opportunity to be a hero to our customers providing them with high-quality high-end analysis for almost any industry you can imagine. People do not come to us because their projects are easy and they have lots of time. They come to us because they know we can do projects that are hard with tight schedules. In the Training, Mentoring, and Technical Support group you have a chance to really help people. Every day our customers call us because they know and trust that we are there for them. This is one of the more satisfying tasks at PADT. Applicants should be serious about being the best analyst they can be, and like difficult challenges. Requirements:
- 5-25 Years of industry CFD simulation experience
- In depth knowledge of ANSYS FLUENT or ANSYS CFX
- US Citizenship (this position requires working on ITAR restricted projects)
- Better than average computer skills (for an engineer)
- Good programming or scripting skills
- Quick learner
- Able to balance speed and quality
- Strong theoretical understanding of fluid mechanics
- Enjoys interacting with other engineers
- Likes Challenges
- Greatest joy is solving problems
- Turbomachinery experience a big plus
Electrical Engineer/Project Lead
PADT is looking for a full-time, electrical engineer to be a project lead in our Product Development Group. The electrical engineer will work with PADT mechanical engineers to add their expertise and experience to the development of electro-mechanical systems for our customers. This position reports to the Manager of Product Development.
- Manage all aspects (technical, financial, schedule and procurement) of specific new product development projects
- Lead multidisciplinary, new product development teams
- Customer management (represent PADT to the customer for specific product development projects)
- Develop compelling proposals for new business opportunities
- Serve as the electrical engineering technical resource for the Product Development Group
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience working in a new product development environment
- Expertise in embedded controls hardware design and electronic packaging
- Hands on experience testing & debugging electrical/electro-mechanical systems
- Experience writing firmware and C/C++ code for embedded systems applications
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and drawings
- Extensive experience interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal engineering to manage project technical direction, schedule and budget
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Designing products to comply with various regulatory requirements
- Working in an ISO design control environment
- Medical device development
- Semiconductor equipment
- Proposal writing
To Apply For This Position:
If you are interested in this position, please submit the items listed below by email to email@example.com. No phone calls or direct visits please! Due to the ridiculous amount of spam that our job email account receives, please prefix your subject with [PADTJOB]. If you do not, there is a high probability that your resume will be thrown out with the spam.
- Current resume
- List 3 examples of projects you’ve worked on that are applicable to this position. Describe how the examples showcase your technical skills and experience.
- List 3 recent projects where you held a leadership role. Describe your role.